SixContest Winners! Our top 6 “firsts” in six words
six-word-memoir-header-aqua

Hey Teachers! The Six-Word Workbook for Students is Here

workbook
I’m delighted to announced that Six-Word Memoirs from SMITH Magazine is releasing our first-ever Six Word Workbook, with an accompanying website, solely created for teachers. Working with teachers, the educational company Hamilton Buhl and I have turned the Six-Word concept into an interactive workbook that teachers and educators can use within schools and classrooms. The workbook has been designed to help students improve writing skills, encourage creativity, and inspire storytelling.

Our new site, Six Words in Schools, lets teachers register one or many classrooms and post students Six-Word Memoirs, and features a “caption this photo in six words” contest, a gallery of illustrated sixes, and a blog that showcases the work of classrooms across the world. Created and controlled by teachers, we’ve set up Six in Schools as a safe place for teachers and students to engage in our short form of storytelling. Registration is free, and once we’ve verified you as an educator you can post memoirs from your students directly to the site.

Workbooks can be purchased at  www.hamiltonbuhl.com/sixword. If you’re loving what you see, you can purchase the classroom multimedia kit which includes the guide, 30 workbooks, and a camera for the classroom exercises to be digitally captured and posted on the site. Below:  Watch this short video that walk you through the workbook.

From the books we’ve made to the collaborations we’ve had with places ranging from the National Constitution Center to The New York Times, Six Words has taken me on a journey that continually inspires me. As I make sure to note in each and every talk and workshop I give, there is nothing that brings me greater joy then to see how Six Words can be used in classrooms of every age and description.

Larry Smith, founder SMITH Magazine & Six Words

Post a Comment