Although a mother’s love is cherished throughout the year, on the second Sunday of May, we celebrate moms everywhere. In SixContest #75, we asked you to complete the prompt “I always call my mom when…” Turns out mothers are renowned as the keepers of family traditions (click link for backstory: “…wanting to unlock her secret recipes.” —PoeticPisces). We often reach out to the women who gave us life when we want to share our successes (“…I get a post as MOTD.” —caralongwrites). Sometimes mothers are a handful (“…I have forty-five minutes to spare.” —Poser), but most often, the bonds with our moms are eternal (“Though she’s gone, conversations carry on.” —ggirl60).
Here are the Top Six reasons to reach out to mom:
6. “…I need a partner in crime.” —@ShelbyWoodz (via Twitter)
5. “…when I need to hear ‘sweetpea’.” —TypewriterGirl
4. “…I’ve gathered juicy intel about relatives.” —Neesha101
3. “…the stars tell me she’s listening.” —@JulieHall (via Twitter)
2. “…when my inner GPS is scrambled!” —UnitedStarminds
And it’s most likely #ICallMomWhen . . .
1. “…my children do brag worthy stuff.” —lillybrook