We’re T minus 3 nights away from Hanukkah and 3 weeks away from Christmas and Kwanzaa — the holiday season is in full effect. A time of merriment, but for some, there’s an added element of emotional and psychological stress as another year comes to a close. For SixContest #65, we asked for your tips on surviving the holidays. Whether you ease the seasonal deluge with Six Words (“Pick up Advice book. Take heed.“ —JAD), or some old-fashioned liquid courage (“Never refuse refilling of wine glass.” —amanda.sunshine), these Top Six survival tips will come in handy all month long:
6. “Pretend it’s summer. In a sweater.” —@jeremygregg (via Twitter)
5. “Enter holiday events with exit strategies.” —JoC.
4. “Grab book, shut door, flush periodically.” —Cay
3. “Replace snow shovel with sand shovel.” —G_Austin
2. “Visit family where weed is legal.” —@taradublinrocks (via Twitter)
…and the top #HolidaySurvivalin6Words entry is…
1. “Keep quiet and think character development.” —bohemdeb