Signup for the Six Words Newsletter

Hear about all the parties, contests, special projects, and our favorite stories from the site.
Newsletter
Emergency room workers in the time of Covid are sharing why they do what they do in Six Words.
six-word-memoir-header-aqua

Upcoming Event: A Six-Word Salon with The Hired Guns (Win an Ipod)

We hope you’ll join us this Thursday, April 10 in New York City for a high-energy event with The Hired Guns, a company that’s a cross between the coolest headhunter for creative types ever and a top marketing shop, founded by my pal Allison Hemming.

Rachel and I will talk about the making of a crowdsourced book, read some of our favorite six-worders, and hold a six-word slam. One brave mini-memoirist will shuffle out into the night a new iPod.

Your $20 gets you: in the door, a signed copy of Not Quite What I Was Planning, and all the wine you can drink (everyone is welcome to hang out for drinks after the six-word slam). Allison says she expects this event to sellout, so we suggest registering ahead of time. I’ll put the first person who is not currently a SMITH community member on the guest list who: 1) signs up to be a community member (free, of course); 2) creates a profile with a photo or other image; 3) writes a six-word memoir; 4) adds the tag hiredguns (no space) so I know how to find you.

Post a Comment