Everyone needs a break from the daily grind. As we get caught up in our busy lives, it’s easy to forget how to de-stress. For SixContest #96, in honor of Stress Awareness month, we asked for your six words on relieving stress. Your suggestions include cutting yourself some slack (“Tell Miss Perfect she’s good enough.” —womanathequill) and finding those mindful moments (“Stop what you’re doing and breathe.” —Amanda Cuda Swavy). Sometimes unwinding involves finding your groove (“Bourbon with a splash of funk.” —@amiwriteJK). Introducing the Top Six ways for getting that stress release:
6. “Two clenched fists. One punching bag.” — Shayal
5. “Drive to the shore. Sit there.” —nsbpoet
4. “YOU know (wink) what relieves stress!” —JoC.
3. “Bowl of popcorn and stand-up comedy.” —Neesha101
2. “Taxes done; return received; retail therapy.” —notyouraveragegirl
And finally, the surefire way to let that stress go:
1. “Talk to the dog. He understands.” —Kharis